saharanpur is a city as well as a Municipal Corporation in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is located near the borders of Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. It functions as the administrative headquarters of both the Saharanpur District and the Saharanpur Division. The city of Saharanpur emerged in a region that was named after a Sufi Saint called Shah Haroon Chishti. The foundations of the present-day city of Saharanpur is laid on the site of an army cantonment by its founder Sah Ranbirsingh, who was a Jain nobleman. The city boasts of the long historic past, ruled by several dynasties like the Delhi Sultanate, the Mughals, the Sayyids, the Rohillas and the Marathas. The British Government provided many infrastructural upliftments to the city and built the citys famous Botanical Garden, also known as Company Garden. Saharanpur is surrounded by an extremely fertile agricultural region which abundantly produces grains and fruits. The city is also famous for its wood carving cottage industry. It has a thriving market for local agricultural produce like basmati rice and mangoes. A wide variety of industrial enterprises are operational in Saharanpur. Textiles, sugar, paper and cigarette factories serve as a major source of employment to the people of the city.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.