Rewa is a thriving city in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. The city is known for hosting the worlds first white tiger safari that was established at Mukundpur by the Central Zoo Authority of India. The city of Rewa has more than 2 million residents. It experiences a humid subtropical climate, with torrid summers, humid monsoons and cool misty winters. Rewa is known for its diversified economic base. The intricate handicrafts produced by the people of Rewa spread over various forms such as paintings, terracotta, marble articles, silver arts, etc. Rewa is also rich in mineral resources. A large variety of important minerals such as limestone, sandstone, phosphate, asbestos, calcite, talc are found in and around the city. These have become major driving resources behind the various industries based in the city. Agriculture is a leading contributor to the citys economy. The Major crops grown in the area are Maize and Jowar during the Kharif season and Wheat and Mustard during the Rabi season. Additionally, pulses, groundnut and several vegetables are also cultivated at Rewa. The Jawahar Lal Nehru University of Agriculture and Technology is one of the major educational institutes in the area. Rewa is also a shopping destination as it has a thriving retail market. The Vindhya Mahotsav is celebrated at Rewa in April every year. The main purpose of organizing this festival is to promote the culture, business and handicrafts of Rewa.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.