The Indian city of Ratlam is located in the Malwa region in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The city was created soon after the Indian independence and it functions as the administrative headquarters of the Ratlam district. The city was founded by a descendant of Raja Udai Singh of Jodhpur, in the year 1652. Ratlam is known for its love of food - especially the world-famous salty snack called the Ratlami Sev. The city is also known for its purity of gold jewelry and its saree market. The Ratlami Sev is exported to foreign countries including the US and the Gulf. These three considerably contribute to the citys economic growth. Ratlam also has several industries manufacturing copper wire, plastic ropes, artificial oxygen and chemicals. The city also has a thriving market for traditional Rajasthani as well as Gujarati handwork and kitchen wares. Ratlam has quite a few good schools and colleges, but the government is establishing more educational institutions to offer a variety of courses to the young talents of Ratlam. The most famous Jain pilgrimages - Shri Nageshwar Parshwanath Tirth and Bibrod Tirth are located in Ratlam. The city also has other places of tourist attraction such as Kalika Mata Temple, Isarthuni, Bilpank Mahadev Temple, Satrunda Mataji Temple, Kedareshwar Temple, Cactus Garden, Hussain Tekri, etc.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.