Ramagundam is the most populous city in the Peddapalli district of the Indian state of Telangana. The city obtains its name from the combination of two words - Rama refers to the Hindu God, Lord Rama; Gundam means "water springs." Located on the banks of the Godavari, the city is often called the city of energy. The city hosts around 2.3 lakh residents who mostly speak in Telugu and are employed in the various industrial sectors present in the area. Roads, railway and a local airport ensure a great connectivity to this city. Ramagundam is situated in the Godavari valley coalfields. It has one of Indias largest thermal power stations owned by NTPC. Some of the industries that have flourished in the area are Fertilizer Corporation of India, Kesoram Cement, National Fertilizers Limited, TSGENCO thermal power station, Engineers India Limited, Kesoram (Birla) cement factories, etc. The NTPC plan at Ramagundam is undergoing dynamic upgrades which would help in earning carbon credits against the use of solar power as a renewable energy source. Additionally, an irrigation project called Sripada Yellampalli project, and the very first Solar Power Plant are being set up at Ramagundam
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.