Rajkot is the fourth largest urban agglomeration situated in the West Indian state of Gujarat. The Aji River and Nyari River flow alongside this city. Rajkot functions as the administrative headquarters of the Rajkot District. It has a distinguished place in history for being the hometown of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. In the year 2013, Rajkot was recognized for being the city with the best law and order in the country. It also qualifies as one of the cleanest cities in India. The city is segregated into 29 wards that are led by elected representatives and counselors. The economy of Rajkot is chiefly based on small-scale industries with many manufacturing plants and units working on diesel engines, machine tools, kitchen knives and other cutting appliances, etc. Stock trading has gained popularity in Meerut since the 90s. Even the software sector is gradually picking up speed and striving to contribute to Rajkots economy and employment. The city is also well-known for art and jewelry design. There are many renowned educational institutions in this city. Tourists visiting Rajkot have various places to explore in the city. Shri Ramakrishna Ashrama, Rotary Dolls Museum, Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, ISKCON Rajkot, Sri Sri Radha Neelmadhav Dham, Aji Dam Garden, etc. are a few places worth visiting.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.