The thriving city of Rajahmundry lies on the banks of the Godavari in the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Popularly known as ?The Cultural Capital of Andhra Pradesh,? the city serves as the administrative headquarters of the East Godavari district. Rajahmundry is a city of antiquity. It is one of the most important cities in the history of the state. Its roots can be traced back to 1100 AD. The city is reputed for shaping up the Telugu language as well as for its dynamic role in the Indian independence movement. Rajahmundry is the sixth largest in the state. Its modern civic administration is conducted through the organized division of the city into 93 wards. The cloth and bullion businesses mainly fuel the economy of the city. Rajahmundry acts as a business hub for east and west Godavari districts. The rich and fertile basin of the Godavari also contributes to agriculture. Paddy is the major crop cultivated. The city hosts a few notable educational institutions such as Adikavi Nannaya University, Telugu University, Godavari Institute of Engineering and Technology, GSKM Law College, G.M.R. Polytechnic College etc. The historic city is a hub for Telugu culture with plenty of tourist attractions such as the Godavari Rail Bridge, Sri Sri Radha Gopinath Temple, ISKCON, the Markandeya Temple, Sri Veerabhadra Swamy Temple, the Rallabandi Subbarao Government Museum, etc.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.