Raipur is the capital city as well as the largest urban agglomerate in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh. It was a part of Madhya Pradesh before the new state of Chhattisgarh was formed in November 2000. Naya Raipur or New Raipur is actually the new capital of the state which is 17 kilometers away from the older city of Raipur. Swami Vivekananda Airport separates these two cities. This city is the administrative headquarters of Raipur District. The current administration is based on its division into 72 wards which are managed by an elected representative. The source of Raipurs economy is mainly from agriculture. Crops like pulses, wheat, paddy, urad, peas, etc. are cultivated widely. Soybean, Alsi and groundnut are some of the oilseeds that are grown around the city. It is also a center for the state?s steel and other industries. Raipur has many educational institutions and universities like Indian Institute of Management, National Institute of Technology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, International Institute of Information Technology, etc. Although not a tourism-based city, Raipur has some places worth visiting such as the Shahid Veer Narayan Singh International Cricket Stadium, Shri Rajiv Lochan Mandir, Urja Park, Naya Raipur Central Park.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.