Patiala is situated in the Indian state of Punjab. It is the administrative capital of Patiala District. The administration of the city is done through 57 wards which are administered by an elected representative. The city is located around the Qila Mubarak or the Fortunate Castle which was constructed in 1763 by the chieftain of the royal dynasty of the Patiala State, Baba Ala Singh. Patiala is the fourth largest city in Punjab and it houses the National Institute of Sports. Patiala was traditionally an agriculture-based economy. However, the city has now become home to plenty of manufacturing units that produce goods like cutting tools, power cables, etc. Some reputed educational institutions and universities in this city include the Thapar University, the Punjabi University, the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, the Netaji Subhash National Institute of Sports, the Government Medical College, etc. Patiala?s vintage location has led to the development of various tourist spots such as the Bahadurgarh Fort, Mubarak complex, the Gurdwara Dukh Niwaran Sahib, the Gurdwara Moti Bagh Sahib, Maa Kali Devi Mandir, QilaSheesh Mahal, Baradari Gardens, etc.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.