Parbhani is a city in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It functions as the administrative headquarters of Parbhani District situated in the Marathwada region of the state. Parbhani was earlier a part of the Nizam State and was later passed on to the Hyderabad State. When the Indian states were reorganized in 1956, Parbhani became a part of the then Bombay state. It was included within the boundaries of Maharashtra in 1960. The famous Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Agricultural University is located in Parbhani. In ancient times, the city was known by the name "Prabhavati Nagari," named after a massive temple of Goddess Prabhavati in the area. The present name of the city is a distorted form of Prabhavati. Parbhani has around 3 lakh residents and has been recognized as one of the cleanest cities in Maharashtra. Parbhani is located in the Godavari Valley, and hence the citys soil is very fertile as well as rich in nutrients. The economy of Parbhani is largely fuelled by agriculture and agribusiness. Parbhani is well connected to the neighboring areas and also offers all modern amenities to its residents. An annual festival is organized at Hazrat Turabul Haq Dargah in Parbhani, which attracts lakhs of tourists each year.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.