The historic city of Panipat is located in the Indian state of Haryana. The three huge battles were fought near this city in 1526, 1556 and 1761, which were all major turning points in the Indian history. The city is well-known in the area by its nickname the "City of Weavers" and "Textile City." It is the global center for recycling textiles. According to the Hindu epic Mahabharata, Panipat was one of the five cities or prasthas that were founded by the Pandavas and was named Pandavaprastha in the ancient time. The city houses the Panipat Refinery and the Panipat Thermal plant. It has a population of around 9 lakh people with an average literacy rate of 87%. Few places of tourist interest in the city are the Panipat Museum, Hemus Samadhi Sthal, Ibrahim Lodhis Tomb, Baburs Kabuli Bagh Mosque, Salar Ganj Gate, Kala Amb, etc. The city is well connected to all the nearby regions through roads and railway.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.