Panchkula is a well-planned city located in the Indian state of Haryana. It lies adjacent to the union territory of Chandigarh and Mohali. Panchkula is a part of Greater Chandigarh which is also called the Chandigarh capital region. The Chandigarh-Mohali-Panchkula metropolitan area together forms a Chandigarh Tricity, which has a combined population of over 2 million. Panchkula alone has an approximate population of more than 5.5 lakh people. Panchkula hosts the Chandimandir Cantonment, the headquarters of the Indian Armys Western Command. The word "Panchkula" is derived from the words panch which means five in Sanskrit and kula which is the Sanskrit word for canals. Therefore the name of the city possibly refers to the five irrigation canals which distribute water to several parts of the city from the Ghaggar-Hakra River. The IT Park at Panchkula is a state of art infrastructure that aims to facilitate information technology in the city. The IT Park is spread over a vast expanse of 74 acres of land and is situates on the foothills of Shivalik Hills. It provides employment opportunities to the residents as well as migrants from other parts of the country. Tourism is another great source of economic growth. The places in and around Panchkula that are worth visiting are Pinjore Gardens, National Cactus and Succulent Botanical Garden and Research Centre, Kaushalya Dam, Khol Hi-Raitan Wildlife Sanctuary, Bir Shikargah Wildlife Sanctuary, and several temples.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.