Pali is an industrial city in the Indian state of Rajasthan. It is situated in the Marwar region of the state and functions as the administrative headquarters of the Pali District. The city of Pali was formerly known as Pallika and Palli. Located on the bans of the Bandi river, Pali was a trade center since ancient times. Pali is famous for its textile industries. Synthetic and cotton clothes, as well as yarn, is exported to other Indian states at a very cheap rate. Some new industries like Bangles, Marble cutting, marble finishing have recently emerged in the area. The city hosts the Maharaja Shree Umaid Mills which is the biggest cotton mill of Rajasthan and employs 3000 workers. There are three industrial areas in Pali known as the Mandia road industrial area, the Punayata industrial area and the industrial area phase 1& 2. The Mandia road area is the biggest and the oldest industrial area that houses innumerable manufacturing units of several renowned companies, mostly specializing in the textile industry. The Punayata industrial area has recently become a major landmark for Industrialists to set up new businesses. Additionally, several other industries such as leather products, agriculture instruments, chemicals, cement, granite, etc. have been set up in and around the city. Although these industries fuel the economy of Pali, they have also been criticized for causing severe pollution in the area.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.