Ongole is located in the Prakasam district of the South-Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The city operates as a municipal corporation as well as the headquarters of the Prakasam district. Ongole also serves as the headquarters of the Ongole mandal in the Ongole revenue division. The city is known for its Ongole cattle, which is a breed of oxen and is a part of the worlds major zebu cattle breeds. The narrow streams of the Gundlakamma river pass through the city. Ongole has around 2 lakh residents who speak in Telugu. Agriculture fuels the economy of Ongole. The city is a center for trading tobacco in Andhra Pradesh. Many units of Galaxy Granite polishing provide a huge employment source to the residents of Ongole. The famous Ongole bulls are actually a breed of Oxen. These animals are exported to various countries. The Brahman bull found in America is considered to be an off-breed of the Ongole. Such off-breeds are found in Malaysia and Brazil too. The original breed of this animal is found in a tiny region around the town, in between the Gundlakamma and Musi Rivers. Ongole is also known for its beautiful parks and educational institutes.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.