Nellore, situated in the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, is also known as Vikrama Simhapuri. Various dynasties like the Mauryas, Ashoka the Great, the Vijayanagara Empire, the Cholas, the Pallavas and other empires had ruled over this area for years. The modern administration of the city is carried out by an elected representative for each of its 56 wards. The city functions as the headquarters of Nellore District. The fertile banks of River Penna support the cultivation of paddy at Nellore. The economy or trade in Nellore mainly depends upon agricultural produce along with other modern industries such as hardware, textile, automobile, consumer goods and other SMEs. There are a few of large industrial estates in and around the city that houses units of Nippo batteries and Apache leather shoes. Shrimp culturing is quite famous at Nellore, owing to its proximity to the sea. Nellore has many educational institutions and universities and many other schools and colleges. Some of the well-known tourist attractions in and around Nellore include the Barashaheed Dargah, the Venkatagiri Fort, the Tikkana Park, the Udayagiri Fort, the Nellapattu Bird Sanctuary, the Nellore Ranganatha Temple, etc.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.