Nagercoil is located in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It functions as the administrative headquarters of Kanyakumari. Nagercoil is situated very close to the tip of the Indian peninsula. It is surrounded by the Western Ghats on all sides. Earlier, it was a part of the Travancore state for a brief period soon after the Indian independence. It was merged with Tamil Nadu in 1956. The city has a Temple of the Nagas which is known as the Nagaraja Temple. The city has acquired its name from this temple. The Fish-net manufacturing is a thriving business in and around the town. Commercial fishing nets are manufactured and supplied to the domestic and export markets. Other cottage industries such as coir-making, handloom-weaving, floral trade, rubber products, food-processing units and lace-making also contribute to the citys economy as they are manufactured for trade. There are many reputed educational institutions in this city. A few interesting places worth visiting in and around this city are the Nagaraja Temple, Nagercoil Clock Tower, St. Xaviers Church, etc.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.