Muzaffarnagar is a city as well as a municipal council in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is a part of the National Capital Region. It lies in the Doab region of Indo-Gangetic Plain. A Mughal Commander by the name of Sayyid Muzaffar Khan founded the city near the ancient town of Sarwat in 1633 during the reign of Shah Jahan. The native language of the city is Khari Boli, which is a prestigious dialect of Hindi. It resembles the Haryanvi dialect of Hindi. The economy of Muzaffarnagar depends upon the sugar and jaggery production. The farming activities in the area are focussed on jaggery and the city boasts of its huge jaggery trading business. There are eight sugar mills in the district of Muzaffarnagar. Apart from sugar and jaggery, Muzaffarnagar is also known for its production of steel and paper. The famous Shiv Chowk at the center of the city attracts many devotees of Lord Shiva during the Maha Shivratri ceremony every year. The city is known for its delectable cuisine, especially the chaats and sweets like "ghevar" are wildly craved for.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.