Munger, along with Jamalpur, is considered to be a twin city situated in the Indian state of Bihar. It functions as the administrative headquarters of the Munger district as well as the Munger Division. Munger, situated on the banks of the holy Ganga, was an ancient seat of rule. Asias largest and oldest railway workshop, which was set up by the British in 1862, is operated by the Indian Railways at Jamalpur. Munger has an ITC Factory established by the British along with a Gun Factory, ITC Milk Dairy and many others. Munger has a strong network of railway and roads, connecting it to all the important neighboring areas. The places in and around Munger that are worth visiting are Munger Fort, Chandika Asthan, Kastaharni Ghat on the Ganges, Khanqah Rahmani, Bhimbandh Wildlife Sanctuary, Yoga Ashram, Rahmani Foundation, etc.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.