Mango is a suburb of Jamshedpur. The Subarnarekha River separates Mango from Jamshedpur and the two are connected via three parallel bridges. It is a huge region that is rapidly growing into a residential area. The region was once a little backward town but is now a thriving suburb and real estate hotbed. Although Mango is a part of the main city Jamshedpur, it has been given the status of a city by the government. It is a notified area that is run by a notified area committee known as the Mango Notified Area Committee. The state-run electricity board, JSEB, provides the electricity services to Mango. The doesnt yet have any household water delivery system at the moment. The city has recently made a deal with JUSCO who will provide tap water services to the area. Mango is primarily a residential area. It is now witnessing an immense real estate boom as many developers are building residential colonies in the area. There are two hospitals at Mango to assist the residents during medical emergencies. The MGM Hospital has a medical college associated with it. A few colleges have also been set up in the region. The city is undergoing rapid and vast development. The city has around 3 lakh residents who are mostly employed in the various industrial and service sectors in the adjoining Jamshedpur city.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.