Mehsana is a municipality situated in the Mehsana district in the Indian state of Gujarat. The name of this city is also spelled Mahesana. Mehsana was founded by the Rajput heir of the Chavda dynasty by the name of Mehsaji Chavda. He had constructed the Torana or the arc gate of the city and had also built a temple dedicated to Goddess Toran in 1414. The city was a part of the Bombay state after the Indian independence. It got annexed into the state of Gujarat in 1960. The city houses around 2 lakh residents who speak in Gujarati, Marathi and Hindi. The city is famous for its local breed of Mehsani buffaloes. The Doodhsagar Dairy in Mehsana is the largest dairy in Asia. The city also houses one of the largest assets for the onshore production of oil and natural gas by ONGC. The agriculture, as well as the road-equipment based industries, are also doing quite well in Mehsana. The Ganpat University and the Gujarat Technological University are the reputed educational institutions in this city. The city has a spectacular stepwell at Boter Kotha ni Vav, built during the rule of Emperor Aurangzeb. Badiyashi Vav in Biladi Baug is another stepwell worth visiting. There are several Jain and Hindu temples in and around Mehsana that call for a visit.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.