Ludhiana is the largest city in the north Indian state of Punjab. It is one of the richest cities in our country. The city is known to be a textile manufacturing hub in the north. It has a lot of large, medium and small scale manufacturing units. Ludhiana is also known for its industrial units. These units mostly produce and supply for bicycle and auto parts. The city is centrally located in the middle of the state. It provides a lot of employment opportunities to people from the state as well as across the country. Ludhiana also has substantial agricultural lands in the outskirts of the city that require a lot of manpower supplied by various parts of India. Ludhiana has been on a consistent upward trajectory due to its industries and it is rumored that Ludhiana has the largest number of imported luxury vehicles in the whole nation. The central city is densely populated with many markets and small trading units. On the education front, this city is home to the largest agricultural university in the continent called the Punjab Agricultural University. Besides this, there are some old and modern colleges such as Christian Medical College, Sri Aurobindo College of Commerce and Management, University Business School, etc. There are a few places in Ludhiana that attract visitors. Phillaur Fort, Maharaja Ranjit Singh war museum, Gurudwara Nanaksar Jagroan, Nehru Rose Garden, etc. are of great tourist interest. Ludhiana is soon becoming a hub of real estate since plenty of commercial and residential projects are coming up in the city, opening up multiple new job avenues.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.