Kurnool, also known as the "Gateway of Rayalaseema," lies on the bank of River Thungabhadra in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The city had once been the capital of the state of Andhra Pradesh in the 1950s for three years. The Kurnool city serves as the headquarters of the Kurnool District. The rulers of various dynasties such as the Cholas, the Kakatiyas, the Nawabs and the Mughals have ruled over the city and given it a rich cultural heritage. The modern administration of the city is conducted by dividing it into 50 wards managed by elected representatives. The main economic activity in the city is fuelled by its industries such as mining and agriculture. The city is based has rich resources of various minerals like Iron, Ochre, Quartz, Dolomite, Limestone and Silica. Kurnool serves as an educational hub with institutions and universities like Rayalaseema University, Kurnool Medical College, G Pulla Reddy College of Engineering & Technology, Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Kurnool, Osmania College, etc. Kurnool draws a lot of tourists each year city and is well known for its excellent tourist destinations like the Belum Caves, Gandikota, Mantralayam, Yaganti Temple, Mahanandi Temple, Kurnool Fort, Kondareddy Burz, Rollapadu Wildlife Sanctuary, etc.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.