Khandwa is a city in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is a Nagar Nigam in the Nimar region of the state. It also functions as the administrative headquarter of the Khandwa District. An ancient city, Khandwa has many places of worship for Hindus and Jains. The city used to be a center of Jainism during the 12th century. During the British era, Khandwa became the main commercial center of the Nimar region. Khandwa is known for the cultivation of local crops such as cotton, wheat and soybean along with an assortment of seasonal vegetables and fruits. The city grows a special variety of wheat known as Khandwa2, which is famous all over the country for its aroma, color and quality. A hydropower project by the name of Indira Sagar Pariyojna is located in the vicinity of Khandwa. A few other industries in the region include Nepa paper mills, Mansingka oil mills and Nimar textiles. The four Kunds, namely Padam Kund, Suraj Kund, Bheem Kund and Rameshwar Kund, located in four corners of the city, adds to the fame of the city. The famous tourist places in Khandwa are Dada Darbar Khandwa, Turja Bhavani Temple and Nagchun Talab. Hanumantiya Island at Khandwa is a an adventurous place for water sports in the backwaters of Indira Sagar Dam.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.