The growing city of Khammam is located in the district of the same name in the Indian state of Telangana. It also functions as the headquarters of the Khammam district and the Khammam mandal. The citys was once called "Kammam mettu." Munneru, a tributary of River Krishna, flows through this city. Khammam receives much higher annual rainfall than the rest of the state and hence the city has been flooded a few times recently. The city is governed by Khammam Municipal Corporation. Administratively, the city is divided into 41 election wards and 11 revenue wards. There are several colleges in Khammam that offer courses in pharmacy such as Khammam college Of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Browns College Of Pharmacy, etc. The Khammam Fort was constructed in 950 AD by the Kakatiya Dynasty. The fort is perched on a hillock overlooking the city and serves as a major tourist attraction. The Lakaram Lake is also another major tourist attraction. Apart from these, there are quite a few other places in and around the city that are appealing to tourists. Ballepalli, Bhadrachalam, Parnasala, Nelakondapalli are a few among them.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.