Kavali is situated in the Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh. It is a major municipal corporation in Andhra Pradesh and also the second largest city in the Nellore district. The city has around 1 lakh residents who mostly speak in Telugu. The name of this city was coined by Potuluri Veerabrahmendra Swami. It means patrol in the local language. This is because the Udayagiri king, Harihara Rayulu, had stationed his army at this town in 1515. Kavali is often referred to by the name "Kanakapatnam" which means "wealth will flow into this place." Kavali is a seaside town, located 8 kilometers away from the Bay of Bengal coastline. The National Highway 16 and the Kavali railway station on the Howrah-Chennai main line ensures a great connectivity to this city. Apart from the government-run and private educational institutions, the Visvodaya group has set up many schools and colleges at Kavali. This scenic city provides a pleasant environment to live in, away from the busy city life and traffic.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.