The city of Karimnagar, situated in the Indian state of Telangana, functions as a municipal corporation as well as the district headquarters of the Karimnagar district. The Manair River flows through this city, which is a tributary of the Godavari. Karimnagar has been selected by the Indian Government, to be developed into a smart city under the Smart Cities Mission. The region experiences a dry inland climate with hot summers and mild winters, quite similar to the weather of Hyderabad. Telugu and Urdu are the most common languages spoken by the residents of Karimnagar. The Satavahana University is located in Karimnagar and the city is known to be major education center in North-western parts of Telangana as it has produced several renowned intellectuals, poets, politicians and technologists. Apart from being an educational hub, Karimnagar also serves as a health hub for the northern regions of Telangana. The city is also a major business center. Karimnagar is popularly known for its granite and its agro-based industries. Karimnagars Silver Filigree is a local silverware handicraft that is used for trade.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.