The city of Kadapa was earlier known as Cuddapah. Situated in the Rayalaseema region of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, Kadapa is often referred to as the "Heart of Rayalaseema." Located near the Pedda River, Kadapa functions as the district headquarters of Kadapa district. The Nallamala and Palkonda Hills surround the city. Kadapa is known for its black and red ferrous soils. The city has been ruled by various dynasties such as the Nizams, the Cholas, the Vijayanagara Empire and even the Kingdom of Mysore. Kadapa is also known for its delectable cuisine belonging to the Rayalaseema food culture. The economy of Kadapa is largely fuelled by agriculture and mining. The residents of this region are mostly employed in Government jobs and Private sector jobs. Quite a few residents are involved in businesses and the hospitality industry. The area is known for its educational institutions such as Hyderabad Public School, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, KSRM College of Engineering, Yogi Vemana University, etc. The city is well connected to all nearby cities through roads and railways. It also houses an airport,
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.