Jodhpur, the second metropolitan in the state of Rajasthan, is popularly known as the "Sun City" for its bright weather. It is situated in the North-western edge of the country near the Thar Desert. It is a very popular tourist destination in India with myriad palaces, forts and temples. Jodhpur city is the administrative headquarters of Jodhpur District. According to Hindu epic Mahabharata, the city was the heart of the kingdom of Marwar. The Ahirs were the original inhabitants of Jodhpur. Later the Rajputs settled in this region after the intermittent dominance of the Marathas and the British. The current administration of the city takes place under its 65 wards under the Jodhpur Nagar Nigam which is headed by a mayor. Tourism is the main source of the economy as it fuels the handicraft industry as well as local businesses. Bajra (pearl millet), Rabi, wheat, pulses and a variety of spices like jeera, dhania and red chilies are the major crops grown in Jodhpur. The city is a major hub of many educational institutions like Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur (IITJ), AIIMS Jodhpur, NIFT Jodhpur, National Law University Jodhpur, All India Institute of Medical Sciences Jodhpur. The places which attract tourist are Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada, Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum, clock towers among others.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.