Jhansi is a famous and historic city in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is located in Bundelkhand, between River Pahuj and Betwa, towards the extreme south of the state. The city of Jhansi serves as the administrative headquarters of both the Jhansi district and the Jhansi division. The city of Jhansi was earlier a walled town known by the name of Balwantnagar. It was ruled by the Marathas for a long time and Rani Lakshmi Bai was the celebrated empress of Jhansi who brought the region into the limelight. The city is known for its offerings to tourism - the historical Jhansi Fort attracts a lot of visitors apart from the Government Museum of Jhansi, the Rani Mahal, and several other temples. The city is well connected to all the major neighboring cities through railway and road. Apart from some prestigious colleges and universities like Bundelkhand University, Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University, Government Polytechnic Jhansi, etc., Jhansi also has two well-acclaimed research institutes - Indian Grassland & Fodder Research Institute and Central Agro-Forestry Research Institute.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.