Jamshedpur is the earliest planned industrial city of India and also the most populous city in the Indian state of Jharkhand. The rivers Subarnarekha and Kharkai border two edges of the city which is surrounded by the picturesque Dalma Hills and located on the Chota Nagpur plateau. The city is named after Jamsedji Tata, who had planned and funded the development of the city. Companies like Tata Steel, Tata Power, Tata Motors, TCE, TCS, Lafarge Cement, Telcon, BOC Gases, etc. are located here. Jamshedpur houses the largest industrial zone in India, known as Adityapur, which has more than 1200 SMEs. Tata steel is the oldest and largest Steel producing plant in India. The areas surrounding the city of Jamshedpur are rich in minerals, especially iron ore, coal, manganese, bauxite and lime. It is the hub of the iron and steel industry, truck manufacturing, tinplate production, cement and other SMEs manufacturing these products. The administration of the city is looked after by Greater Jamshedpur Metropolitan Region, with the help of TATA group.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.