Jamnagar, situated in the western Indian state of Gujarat, is the fifth largest city in the state and also the administrative capital of Jamnagar district. The city has plenty of nicknames. It is also known as ?Brass city? for its largest production of Brass items in India. The city is also nicknamed as ?Oil city? for hosting the world?s largest oil refinery of Reliance Industries. Jamnagar is divided into 21 wards and subzones for an effective administration. The economy of the city is mainly sourced from its mining industries. Jamnagar is the home of Reliance Industries and petrochemicals, which obviously boosts the citys economic growth. Jamnagar has huge reserves of bauxite. It is known for the traditional "Bandhani" clothes that are popular all over the world. The city hosts many educational institutions like Government Polytechnic College, Gujarat Ayurved University, Shri Vidhyasagar Infotech College, M P Shah Medical College, Government Dental College & Hospital, etc. There are a handful of visiting spots in the city like Darbargadh Palace, Willingdon Crescent, Pratap Vilas Palace, Lakhota Fort, Solarium, Bhujio Kotho, Kotha Bastion, Dhanvantri Mandir, Jam Ranjitsinhji Park, Ranjit Sagar Dam, Shantinath Mandir, Balachadi Beach, etc. Jamnagar has base stations of all three wings of Defence - the Indian army, navy and airforce.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.