Jalna is a growing city in the Jalna district of the Aurangabad or Marathwada Division in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It was earlier a part of the Hyderabad State as a tehsil of the Aurangabad district before Jalna district was formed and included within the territorial boundaries of Maharashtra on 1 May 1981. The city lies beside the Kundalika River, with a population of around 3 lakh people. Indias first cotton-ginning and oil-pressing factories were established in Jalna in the year 1863 by Mr. Pestonji Meherwanji. Most of the residents of Jalna are employed in these factories. The city is connected to the rest of the country via roads and railway.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.