Jalandhar was known by the name Jullundur during the British era. This Indian city is situated in the north-western state of Punjab. It is considered to be one of the oldest cities in the country. It is the administrative headquarters of the Jalandhar district which is divided into 63 wards represented by the elected members called counselors. The city has a rich history in folklore. According to the Hindu epic Ramayana, Jalandhar was the capital of King Lav, the son of Lord Rama and was apparently named after a demon called "Jalandar". The main economic support of the city is derived from agriculture. The most grown crop is wheat followed by other crops such as rice, cotton, pearl millet, maize, sugarcane, barley and different fruits. Jalandhar is home to many government-run and private educational institutions. Prestigious institutions like the National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, DAV University, Lovely Professional University, Sant Baba Bhag Singh University, Khalsa College etc. have been opened in Jalandhar. The city is also known for places of tourist attractions such as Devi Talab Mandir, Shiv Mandir, Shiv Bari Mandir, Imam Nasir Mausoleum and Jamma Masjid, Gurudwara Kakipind Rama Mandir, etc.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.