Jabalpur is a city in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. Earlier known as Jubbulpore, this city is often referred to as the Marble City of India. It is the third-largest urban agglomeration in Madhya Pradesh as well as the administrative headquarters of Jabalpur District. As the Kalchuri and Rajgond dynasties had ruled over the city, Jabalpur exhibits a mixed culture of the Mughal and the Maratha rule. Gandhiji had stayed in the city for a long time before the Indian independence and had started the Swadesh, Swaraj and Sathyaghra here. Jabalpur city is divided into 79 wards to initiate smooth civic administration. Commercial crops such as pulses, oilseeds, cotton, sugar cane and a few medicinal crops are grown in Jabalpur. The economic growth of the city is principally based on agriculture and also on arms and ammunition industries. Other major industries in the city include garment manufacturing, glassware, electrical goods, limestone products and building materials. There are quite a few notable educational institutions at Jabalpur. Jabalpur, as a tourist destination, has numerous places to visit. Dhuandhar Falls and Marble Rocks in Bhedaghat are the most popular places frequented by tourists. The Pench National Park, Kanha Tiger Reserve, Dumna Nature Reserve Park and Bandhavgarh National Park are the other adventurous tourist destinations in the vicinity of the city.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.