Hindupur is located in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. It functions as the headquarters of the Hindupur revenue division and mandal. This town houses more than 1.5 lakh residents who primarily speak in Telugu. Hindupur is a commercially and industrially populous town. Hindupur is an important pilgrim; Sri Ranganath Swamy Temple and near Lepakshi temple attracts thousands of pilgrims every year. The municipal town of Hindupur is divided into 38 election wards and 30 revenue wards to ensure effective governance. Hindupur lies on the banks of River Penna. However, the agricultural scenario in the area is largely dependant upon rains and often suffers from the shortage of drinking water and crop failures due to the lack of adequate rain. agricultural requirements. Hindupur is a leading commercial center in the Rayalaseema Region. Cloth business is the most important business in Hindupur along with various products such as jaggery, tamarind, groundnuts, chilies and pulses. Mulberry cocoons are also procured in this town which results in the production of silk threads and silk sarees. Silk trade is gaining momentum at Hindupur as one of the important commercial activities and it might soon develop for the foreign export of silk fabrics. The area also has a few cottage industries like starch factories, beedi making, oil mills, match factories and agarbathi units.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.