Hajipur is the largest city in the Vaishali district of Bihar. It is located in the Tirhut Division and functions as the district headquarters. This city is closely following Patna in terms of rapid development. Hajipur has a total population of nearly 4.5 lakh. It is a leading city in Bihar in terms of growth. Hajipur falls within the territorial boundaries of the Patna Regional Development Authority area. It is linked to Patna via Mahatma Gandhi Setu which is one of the longest bridges in the country, stretching over nearly 6 kilometers. The town was founded by Haji Ilyas Shah, a King of Bengal, and the town has been named after him. The economy of Hajipur is service-orientated as 55% of the total population is employed in the service sector. Hajipur also has a minor industrial sector and an agricultural base. The city is known for its banana cultivation. The industrial area at Hajipur houses brands of FMCG and agro-based companies such as Pepsico, Britaniya, HUL, Godrej, Anmol, Bansal, etc. The various places of interest in and around the city include the Ramchaura Mandir, Kaun Haara Ghat, Nepali Mandir, Pataleshwar Mandir, Bateshwar Nath Temple, Sonepur Cattle Fair, Vaishali Mahotsava, Baithakji Hajipur, etc.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.