Gwalior is a city in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is also the largest city in the state. It is rapidly developing into a smart city. The city is the administrative headquarter of the Gwalior District, divided into 60 wards for administrative purposes. One of the main concerns of this city is its pollution levels as it has the highest levels of air pollution among all Indian cities. The economy of Gwalior is boosted by trade, market hubs and agriculture. Wheat, jowar, paddy, and pulses are the chief crops cultivated in the area. There are many sandstone quarries in and around the city. Three major industrial areas in the vicinity of the city add to the citys economic growth. The industrial belts at Sitholi, Banmore and Malanpur mainly focus on dairy, chemical and textiles. The city is known for educational institutes like the Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management and the ITM University. Gwalior serves as the tourism capital of Madhya Pradesh. The dramatic and dominant Gwalior Fort located atop a hill is the main attraction of this city. People from all over the country visit Gwalior to explore this beautiful fort as well as for other attractions like the Scindia museum, Saas-bahu temple, Gwalior temple, Jaivilas Mahal, Man Singh Palace, Madhav national park, Jain Rock Sculptures, etc. Gwalior is famous for its old marketplaces. The Maharaj Bada, Ghas Mandi, Loha Mandi and Hazira are centuries old marketplaces with ancient buildings displaying different styles of architecture that still remain in the city, contrasting the modern shopping malls that have recently come up.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.