Guntakal is situated in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. The headquarter of the Anantapur revenue division and the Guntakal mandal is situated in this city. The city houses around 2 lakh residents who mainly speak in Telugu and Kannada. Situated in the south-western part of Andhra Pradesh, Guntakal is very close to the state border and is only 50 kilometers away from Bellary in Karnataka. Guntakal Railway Division of South Central Railway is one of the most profitable divisions in Indian Railways and it houses a railway diesel shed. Lord Anjaneya Swamy Temple, which is locally referred to as Nettikanti Anjaneya Swamy Temple, is situated near Guntakal and attracts devotees from across Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and several other parts of South India every day. Guntakal also has a relic of the Jain religion. Jambudweepachakra in the vicinity of the town is known to have been sculpted by Jain priests. The is a tomb of a Sufi saint named Mastan Vali is situated near Guntakal which attracts devotees across all religions and castes. Our Lady of Health Church at Guntakal is an architectural wonder.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.