Guna is a small city in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It functions as the administrative headquarter of the eponymous district. The city lies on the north-eastern regions of Malwa Plateau and is defined by the Parbati river in the west. Guna is an acronym for Gwalior United Nation Army. It was founded by Chand Pradyota Mahesena and was a part of the ancient Avanti Kingdom. It was later added to the growing empire of Magadha. It passed on to the Marathas and to the Kingdom of Gwalior till it was made a part of Madhya Pradesh in 1956. Although Guna is very small and nondescript town, it still functions as an important industrial center with major industries such as National Fertilizers Limited, Gas Authority of India Limited, Deepak Spinners Limited, KS Oil Ltd, Spice park at Mavan, etc. The first private state university of the state is at Guna. The Jaypee University of Engineering & Technology has a sprawling campus in Guna which offers facilities like hostel, mess, laundry, shopping center, medical center, etc. to the 1500+ students. A few places worth visiting in and around Guna are Shri Shanti Nath Digambar Jain temple at Bajrangarh, Bees Bhuja Devi, Kedarnath, Hanuman Tekri, Christ The King Church and Panchmukhi Hanuman Ashram.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.