The Indian city of Gandhinagar is situated in the state of Gujarat. It is often referred to as the "Green city" or the "Ecopolite city." Gandhinagar is the capital of Gujarat and it lies on the bank of River Sabarmati. It functions as the administrative capital of Gujarat which was shifted to this newly built city from the city of Ahmedabad that continues to function as the commercial hub of the state. Gandhinagar is a planned city with modern architecture as the infrastructure of the city. As the state capital, it carries the entire political machinery of the state, housing all the government offices and the people employed in them. The city operates as the administrative heart of Gujarat. It is the seat of bureaucracy and thus the economy of the city is led by government employment. Recently, a thermal power plant and a software tech park have been established to promote economic development. The city houses a lot of educational institutions of great repute including the Central University of Gujarat, the National Institute of Design, Gujarat Forensic Sciences University, Gujarat National University of Law, IIT Gandhinagar, etc. Gandhinagar is known for the Akshardham temple which draws many tourists throughout the year.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.