Gandhidham is located in the Kutch District in the Indian state of Gujarat. The town was built in the 1950s by Bhai Pratap Dialdas for the resettlement of the refugees from Sindh after the partition of India. It was initially called Sindhu Resettlement Corporation Ltd. The town was named after Mahatma Gandhi who was the father of the Indian nation. Gandhidham is considered to be the economic capital of Kutch. It is a rapidly developing city in the state. It is a growing city, ideal for families and retired individuals. It is also a favored destination for conventions and business meetings. The city offers a peaceful life to its residents, with a plenty of options for recreation and entertainments. It is known for its verdant picnic spots and parks. Gandhidham is connected to the rest of the country by road and rail. Transport Nagar, situated on the outskirts of the city, serves as the hub of all major transport activities of Gandhidham. There are many reputed educational institutions as well as all modern amenities available in the city that ensures a comfortable lifestyle to the residents.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.