Erode is a small and beautiful city located on the banks of the Kaveri River in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The seventh largest city in the state, Erode is often referred to as the Textile city or the Turmeric city. Erode is an ancient region with a great history and cultural significance. The modern city has half a million population from different religions and it is divided into 60 for effective civic governance. The economy of Erode is primarily driven by the textile, turmeric and oil industries which provide employment opportunities to a good portion of the city?s population. Erode is also known for industries such as rice mills, leather processing, paper production, engineering, auto and looms. The BPO sector in this city is gradually developing. Erode is also known for its handloom products, knitwear and food products. The Government Technical Institute is a prominent educational institution in the city. A few places of tourist attraction in and around Erode include the Thindal Murugam Temple, CSI Brough Church, Thowheeth Mosque, Sankagiri Fort, Natadreeswarar Temple, Vellore Birds Sanctuary, etc.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.