Eluru is a small city in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It also functions as the district headquarters of the West Godavari district as well as the Mandal headquarters of the Eluru Mandal in the Eluru revenue division. The city lies beside the Tammileru river. The city is well known for its carpets, wool-pile and hand woven products. Eluru has a population of more than 2 lakh people and experiences a hot and humid climate. Eluru Municipal Corporation is the civic body governing Eluru, which includes the census towns of Sanivarapupeta, Tangellamudi, Satrampadu, Gavaravaram, parts of Komadavole and Eluru villages. Eluru has been known for rug weaving since the 17 century - an art derived from the weavers of Iranian descendants. The thriving wool-pile and carpet industry boosts the citys economy. The eco-friendly carpets are exported to various countries. Buddha Park at Eluru is a popular tourist destination. The Kolleru Bird Sanctuary is home to many native and migratory birds. Fr. Silvio Pasquali Memorial Convent at Duggirala contains a replica of the ?Holy Land? of Israel, which is definitely worth a visit.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.