Dindigul is situated in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It was earlier known as Ti??ukkal. Dindigul is located amidst the Palani and Sirumalai Hills and has a large reserved forest area. This ancient settlement is believed to have been ruled by various dynasties like the Pandyas, the Cholas, the Pallavas, the Madurai Sultanate, the Vijayanagara Empire, the Dindigul Sultanates, the Madurai Nayak Dynasty as well as the British. Dindigul proudly houses a number of historical monuments and Rock Fort is the most prominent one among them. The hosts more than 2 lakh people who mainly speak in Tamil. Dindigul is well-connected to the rest of the city through roads and railway. Dindigul has several industrial units in safety lock making, textile spinning, leather tanneries, agricultural trading, administrative services, agricultural machinery, banking and educational services. Additionally, Dindigul has vast expanses of cultivation land. Agriculture is the chief occupation of its residents. The climatic condition of Dindigul is highly conducive for horticulture and agriculture. Hence, non-food crops such as coffee, flowers, tobacco, and eucalyptus are grown in this city. Wholesale trading of fruits such as orange, pineapple, sapota and guava are extensively done at Dindigul. Various temples, mosques and churches are found in the area with intriguing architectural styles from various ruling dynasties.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.