Dhule is one of the major cities in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Situated on the banks of Panzara River, Dhule lies in the verdurous valley of the Tapti River. It is a municipal corporation in Dhule District situated in the Khandesh region of Maharashtra. Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya had planned this city. There is a famous temple of Devi Ekveera on the banks of the Panzara River, who is regarded as a Gramadevata of the city. The city experiences dry weather except for the rainy days of the monsoon. Dhule is considered to be one of the upcoming hubs of the power loom, textile and edible oil. Since it is situated at the junction of three major National Highways (NH-3, NH-6, and NH-211), it is considered to have a strategic advantage for trade. The Ministry of Electronics and IT is set to open a BPO at Dhule. The city boasts of its educational heritage which a large number of educational institutes like the SES College of Engineering, WKDSPMs Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Memorial College of Law, Mukesh Patel Technology Park - Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, etc.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.