Darbhanga is situated in the Indian state of Bihar. It is a municipal corporation, as well as the administrative headquarter, for the Darbhanga district and the Darbhanga division. It is considered to be the cultural hub of the Mithila region. Historically, Darbhanga was the seat of the Raj Darbhanga as well as the capital region of ancient Mithila. The city hosts nearly three lakh people and experiences a humid climate. The city is known for its educational institutes like the prestigious Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital, Womens Institute of Technology, Darbhanga College of Engineering, Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University, etc. The city is well connected to all other important regions in the vicinity through roads and railway. Darbhanga Junction is one of the oldest railway stations of Bihar and has a massive network. It is one of the highest earning railway junctions in the eastern zone. The airport at Darbhanga was earlier a military base but is scheduled to operate commercial flights in 2019.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.