Cuttack is the commercial capital as well as the second largest city in the Indian state of Odisha. The city center is situated between the Mahanadi river and the Kathajodi river. The city is developing and expanding constantly. Odishas high court is located Cuttack, making it the judicial capital of the state. Cuttack city is divided into 54 administrative wards headed by an elected representative. The economy of the city was traditionally fuelled by trade facilitated by strong textile industry. Currently there are many large-scale industries of the steel, power, automobile and alloys which contribute to the economy as well as cater to the employment needs of the city. Cuttack is soon growing into a hub for the IT and BPO sectors. SEZs or Special Economic Zones are being established in the area to attract a good number of players in the software sector. Cuttack is home to the Barabati stadium which hosts a lot of international cricket matches. The educational infrastructure in the city is strong with the presence of noted institutions like Ravenshaw University, IMIT, IITM, NLU, Cuttack college, Netaji city college, etc. Tourists visiting Cuttack can roam around places of interest like the Barbati fort, the Maritime Museum, the Netaji museum, the Freedom fighters memorial, etc. Cuttack also hosts a lot of pilgrimages for both Hindu and Muslim devotees.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.