Coimbatore is situated in the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is the second largest city in the state, after Chennai. Coimbatore is one of the largest producers of cotton and it is famous for its textile industry. The city has played an essential role in the Indian independence and has gained popularity after independence. It has witnessed industrial growth in the last few decades concerning the textile industry, information technology, commerce, education and healthcare. It is known as the manufacturing hub of Tamil Nadu. The city is surrounded by the Western Ghats in the West and the North. The Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve is on the northern side of the city. The citys urban wetlands are home to around 116 species of resident and migratory birds. Many exotic birds such as the spot-billed pelican, painted stork, ibis and black-winged stilt visit the area on their migration route. Coimbatore has a lot of entrepreneurial ventures. Although a diverse and cosmopolitan city, Coimbatore has a refined taste for art and culture. It conducts its own music, art and dance festivals every year around September and December, during the Margazhi month of the Tamil calendar. Coimbatore serves as an educational hub for South India. The Coimbatore district hosts seven universities apart from many engineering, medical and polytechnic colleges. There are more than 150 Arts and Science Colleges in the city besides a large number of schools.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.