The city of Chittoor is also the district headquarter of the Chittoor district in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh and thus there are many district-level government institutions in this city. Chittoor also functions as the headquarters of the Chittoor Mandal and the Chittoor revenue division. The city has a population of more than 3.5 lakh residents who majorly speak in Telugu. However, the city also houses many Tamil, Kannada and Marathi speaking people. Chittoor is located in the southernmost part of Andhra Pradesh, on the banks of River Neeva. The economy of Chittoor is predominantly run by its agro-market. The city witnesses the production and trade of mango, grain, sugarcane and peanut. Tomato farming in Chittoor contributes to over 20% of the States production of tomatoes. The other industries in the region include oilseed, poultry and milk. It is the second largest milk producing district in the state and has an expansive dairy industry. Chittoor is also known for its textile industry. Silk is weaved in 13,000 power looms, providing employment to more than 40,000 workers. The granite industry is also known for its production of black, pink and grey granites. The historical Chandragiri Fort from the 11th century is the most notable landmark near Chittoor. Ardhagiri Anjaneyaswamy temple and Swayambu Varasidhi Vinayakaswamy temple are other notable landmarks in and around Chittoor.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.