The city of Chandrapur is situated in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is a municipal corporation in Chandrapur district and serves as the center of governance of the eponymous district. Chandrapur was originally a Fort city that was founded by a Gond king by the name of Khandakya Ballal Sah in the 13th century. Situated at the confluence of Rivers Irai and Zarpat, the area surrounding the city is rich in minerals, especially coal. Therefore, Chandrapur is popularly known as the "black gold city." The city experiences a hot and dry climate. Chandrapur has around 3.8 lakh residents who mostly speak in Marathi. The natives belonging to the Gond tribe use the Gondi language, whereas Telugu is also widely spoken by Telugu settlers in Chandrapur. Most of the residents are fluent in Hindi and many can speak English. Coal mining mainly fuels the economy of this city, backed by other emerging industries such as cement making, paper manufacturing, and ferroalloy manufacturing. The Chandrapur Super Thermal Power Station employs thousands of residents and also supplies more than 25% of Maharashtras electricity. The Tadoba National Tiger Reserve in the vicinity of Chandrapur is a major attraction for tourists and environmentalists.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.