Bulandshahr is a city as well as a municipal board in the Bulandshahr district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It functions as the administrative headquarters of the Bulandshahr District. Bulandshahr is around 70 kilometers away from Delhi and the city is a part of the National Capital Region. Bulandshahr has a population of more than 2.3 lakh people who mostly speak in Hindi. Bulandshahr is basically a religious city. There are many ancient temples, historical ruins and ghats of river Ganga. Urbanization has been slow in this area, yet there is no deficiency of factories and manufacturing units in the area that have significantly contributed to its economic development. The ceramic, pottery, handicrafts and garments are thriving industries at Bunlandshahr. The IT and retail sector are also gradually opening up at Bulandshahr. The residents of Bulandshahr are opening up to the various glamours of modern city life such as spas, boutiques, fitness centers and multiplexes. The city is also very popular among pilgrims and tourists, especially during annual festivals.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.